Koodo Community
Question

New phone line ordering

• 21 February 2024
  • 3 replies

My husband just added a new line on my account but it has not appeared in the self-serve. I can see on the order status that the SIM card has been approved and is pending shipment. When will his account appear in the Self-Serve list of users?

The problem is — we need to also order a phone with tab for him and it seems like we can't do that (without paying full retail value) until his line has been finalized. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was the option to purchase a phone while adding the new line not available to you?

Either way, at this point, the line will be activated at some point before it gets to you. (Usually within a few days of ordering) at which point you should be able to purchase the phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did he add a line to your account?

Did he sign into your self serve and then clicked add a line when shopping for plans?

If yes, then the line will appear when the sim is shipped (this is when it is activated and billing starts).

You needed to order the phone on tab when he added the line.  Since you have broken this out into 2 steps, then yes you need to wait for the line to be created first.

Depending on the plan he selected, he may need to change to a Tab eligible plan

We figured that shopping for the plan first made sense but now realise we've done it in the wrong order, oh well! I hope those promotional deals available yesterday/today are still valid when we're shopping. 

Thanks for your help! Will keep an eye on the self-serve for when his line appears. :)