Skip to main content

I just got an iPhone 16 Pro yesterday. I received a SIM with it. I transferred everything directly from my previous iPhone like normal including eSIM. 
It seemed to be working briefly but then I had no cellular service (though it displayed 1 bar) and couldn’t use data, send or receive texts, etc. 

I have tried reinserting the physical SIM and restarting my phone, and all suggestions that the help bot gave, but nothing has worked. Is this something I can fix myself? 

Does your old phone still work? 

After transferring everything to my new phone was fully complete, I erased my old phone. I gave it to my boyfriend because he needed one and he set it up fine, he can text. But he did not have an eSIM prompt come up like I did when setting up mine

2 and even 3 bars have appeared but still can’t send SMS. Physical SIM is set as personal and eSIM is set as primary (not sure if I can change that?). I have chosen the physical SIM (the one that shows the 2 bars) but doesn’t work. 

The physical sim that comes with the phone is not active. If you used an esim before you would have needed to transfer the esim over.

You needed to go through the esim quick transfer process. Did you do this? 

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/esim-and-esim-vouchers

I'm not sure if setting up a new iPhone and moving things over will have successfully transfered over the esim

I did transfer the eSIM (as prompted when setting up the new phone and transferring everything over), I wasn’t able to buy the phone without also buying a physical SIM. I had changed the SIM number on my account to the physical one after but now my number is registered to both physical and eSIM. I’m not really sure what to do now

I did transfer the eSIM (as prompted when setting up the new phone and transferring everything over), I wasn’t able to buy the phone without also buying a physical SIM. I had changed the SIM number on my account to the physical one after but now my number is registered to both physical and eSIM. I’m not really sure what to do now

If you already transferred the number from a physical SIM to an eSIM, the number stayed with eSIM. the physical SIM can still show the number but it can’t connect to a Koodo network. I would recommend you to remove physical SIM and only keep the eSIM.

If you already transferred the number from a physical SIM to an eSIM, the number stayed with eSIM. the physical SIM can still show the number but it can’t connect to a Koodo network. I would recommend you to remove physical SIM and only keep the eSIM.

Okay, that makes sense. But the eSIM doesn’t show any bars, doesn’t say Koodo/says no service while the physical SIM says Koodo and will show bars but not work :/

All phone purchases come with a sim card. 

Since you already wiped your old iPhone, it is too late to check if the esim was transfered correctly. 

Are you saying you transfered the esim to the new physical sim you got with this new device?

If so, the esim should be inactive and the physical sim active. 

When you completed the sim swap, I assume you didn't get any confirmation text? 

Okay, that makes sense. But the eSIM doesn’t show any bars, doesn’t say Koodo/says no service while the physical SIM says Koodo and will show bars but not work :/

Well, I am not sure if the issue with eSIM was from the transfer or phone switch. I would recommend you reset network settings of the phone to see if that can help. If that doesn’t, visit a Koodo kiosk and let a rep to look into it.

Actually why don't you go to self serve and see which sim is being used. 

The sim swap page should show the last few digits of your sim.

Then check if it matches you physical sim or not.