Skip to main content
Solved

Lost phone and new sim card procedure?

• 14 July 2024
  • 2 replies

With 3 kids on mobility plans there is a good chance that someone will loose their phone. I have read several articles on what to do but I would like a definitive answer on how to activate a new card when the phone is lost so I can be ready. Some articles say you cannot do it yourself.

Scenario 1:  Is this correct?  If the phone is lost I can suspend phone service in self service and then I can unsuspend in self service if found. 

Scenario 2: Is this correct?  Phone is lost. I suspend phone service in self service until I buy new phone. I buy new phone and new SIM card. I unsuspend phone in self service. I activate new SIM card in self service. I put SIM card in new phone and reboot.

Can all this be done by myself in self service or do I need to talk to a Koodo rep? Am I missing anything?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Here is the official link regarding the issue https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/reporting-your-lost-or-stolen-phone

You could report lost/stolen SIM with their Koodo Assist www.koodo.com/chat. As long as you know your Koodo self-serve log-in, you could suspend the service there.

Once you receive the new SIM, you could also follow the instruction of Koodo Assist to reactivate the service or visit a Koodo kiosk or schedule a call back from a rep.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your reply.