Koodo Community
Question

IMEI not accepted

• 5 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m transferring from Public Mobile on a monthly account, trying to keep my own number. When I input my imei number I get an error message: Make sure to input the correct number. I have tried several times, the number is correct, no letters, no dashes, 15 digits. I cannot input my Public Mobile number because I can’t access my Public Mobile account,  I struggled so much but they have no customer service at all, this is why I’m coming back to Koodo. I have scheduled a call back.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m transferring from Public Mobile on a monthly account, trying to keep my own number. When I input my imei number I get an error message: Make sure to input the correct number. I have tried several times, the number is correct, no letters, no dashes, 15 digits. I cannot input my Public Mobile number because I can’t access my Public Mobile account,  I struggled so much but they have no customer service at all, this is why I’m coming back to Koodo. I have scheduled a call back.

Did you try to contact a Customer Support Agent at Public Mobile to assist you? They can help if you do not have access to your account. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/finding-your-account-number

I cannot access the Public Mobile community page for the same reason I cannot access my account. Reps send answers in the community area. Anyway, I gave up on Public Mobile, I ordered a Koodo sim card and now I’m having issues again. Hopefully a human will sort it out for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I cannot access the Public Mobile community page for the same reason I cannot access my account. Reps send answers in the community area. Anyway, I gave up on Public Mobile, I ordered a Koodo sim card and now I’m having issues again. Hopefully a human will sort it out for me.

The Koodo page actually tells you to schedule a callback to do a port transfer from Public Mobile. I would suggest you to wait. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo