Koodo Community
Question

Help: Account unlinked & I didn’t authorize it

• 29 June 2023
  • 5 replies

I got the below email at 1 am and I did not request for it to be done. When I log into self serve my account is no longer on there. Does anyone know why this happened? I have a callback scheduled for 8 am.

Email from Koodo

We’ve successfully unlinked the additional account from your current username. 

You can no longer access this account with your username. 
If you want to link another account, go here. If you didn’t request your additional account to be unlinked, go to koodo.com/chat and enter account users to schedule a callback.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems somone tried to hack your selfserve. As you already scheduled a call back, i recommend you follow that channel. If there is any issue with the call back, you can come back here and someone will flag a rep for you.

The account wasn’t hacked thankfully. Kodoo simply blocked my account online as part of a fraud prevention measure. I didn’t know they were going to do this, so it would have been nice for more communication about the matter. 

This happened to me as well, and I am trying to troubleshoot this. How did you get your phone back up and running? I scheduled a callback, but since my phone seems to not be connected, I did not receive the call. The link they sent for the callback also now takes me to the koodo homepage. 

Hi Bethany,

I was still able to make calls on my phone as I was still connected to the Kodoo network. I just couldn’t access my account details online. Are you not connected to the network anymore? If so, I’d call Kodoo ASAP from another phone and explain what’s happened. You should be able to get a hold of them; try this number +1 (866) 995-6636. 

if your phone is no longer on the network and you have no cell service and didn’t authorize that then your number may have been ported by a hacker. If you can’t get a hold of Kodoo quickly then next step is to warn your bank and login to a computer to get into any accounts and make sure they’re secure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This happened to me as well, and I am trying to troubleshoot this. How did you get your phone back up and running? I scheduled a callback, but since my phone seems to not be connected, I did not receive the call. The link they sent for the callback also now takes me to the koodo homepage. 

If your phone is not connected, it is highly likely your number has already been ported out to another carrier. I would suggest you to reach out to the Koodo porting department at 1-844-232-7678 to sort this out as soon as possible.