Koodo Community
Question

Get a new koodo phone along with a sim card but it says unregistered sim when inserted to my phone

• 31 January 2024
  • 7 replies

I was an existing koodo customer. I got a new koodo phone with new koodo SIM card, new plan. I pluged in the new SIM into the new phone, it complains the SIM card unregistered. Went to the Self service, go to the ‘change SIM card’. Typed in my new SIM card id. Amazingly it says ‘you have to provide a new SIM number’ Then I realized that the SIM card sent to me already been entered into the system. How ever, my old phone still working, and the new phone still complaining unregistered sim card. What do I do now?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Just put your old working sim into the new phone. Keep the new one as a spare

But the system recorded the new SIM? Weird it still work with the old SIM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, the new SIM is not registered to your account… you can keep it as a spare or even give away to someone else.

Edit: rereading your question, I’m actually puzzled. You said you have a new account and the new SIM is showing up in there. Could it be that your old account is still active as well? How did you cancel your old account?

No I didn’t say new account, but new SIM card and new plan. I am still using my original account.

I didn’t ‘cancel’ any account either. I just got an email, saying ‘remove plan xxx’ ‘add plan xxx’, and also the information showing on my account says I am with the new plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So what exactly are you saying then? If your old SIM still works with your phone, just use that. Ignore the new SIM altogether and whatever self serve says :)

Mystery solved. It comes out I was being stupid: My new SIM card and the old one have some of numbers are the same. When I working on switching SIM card, I messed them up. I grab the old card and thought it is the new one, so I tried to switch it to its self.

Later on I found my new card and everything works fine.