Skip to main content
Question

Changing sim process

• 27 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Bought a new phone and a new sim card to go with it.  Used Self Serve to change the sim card number on my account and entered verification code sent to me by email.  Pressed Continue and have not received anything from the website after 30 mins to say activation is complete.  Just 3 circles that imply it’s “working on it”

Does the old phone and new phone both need to be on or off to get the change over to occur?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

so no, the change is strictly on the koodo back end with your account so the phones don’t have to have the sim card inserted or turned on to do the swap. If you close your browser and begin the sim change process again, does the “current sim” number now show the new one you tried changing it to? if not you will have to try the process again as it was probably just a system hiccup 🙂 You should probably clear your cache and cookies too to help prevent it possibly not working again, let me know how it works out 🙂👍

“Current sim” is still the old number.  Re-started process, couple of times got “Oops something went wrong, please try again”. On third re-try still watching the 3 circles …  (Changed to another browser just for kicks)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

hmm, ok it’s probably just an issue with self serve. Have you tried on google chrome on a desktop computer or laptop? weirdly enough it prefers that method. If not you can schedule a call back through link to a phone number you can pickup on and just ask the rep to make the sim change for you. That or head to your closest Koodo kiosk and they can change it for you too.

Now, you don’t actually have to use the new sim though if your old one works, you can just keep it as a spare and keep using your old one if you want 🙂👍

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you able to use the old sim in the new phone? 

You don't actually have to use the new sim card. 

The old sim does work in the new phone but I prefer not to use it as the old sim is more than 6 years old and I’m not sure if some of the problems with the phone may actually be SIM card issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it doesnt work by tomorrow I do as Oliver suggests and go to the store or you can schedule a callback via koodo assist

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout