Skip to main content
Question

cancel from abroad without number or social media

• 23 July 2024
  • 4 replies

How on earth am I supposed to cancel Koodo services from thr UK without use of the phone number and with no social media?

How can this be so difficult? 

Do I just cancel the credit card authorisation and f it?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

so when outside of Canada, through social media is the only way. This is to prevent fraud occurring from other countries and impersonating Koodo customers. If you cancel the pre-authorized payment then you will be billed for a few more months, then the account will go to collections due to none payment. This will affect your credit profile heavily if you were to return to Canada. Now if you don’t plan to return ever, then that’s one way to do it or you can just quickly make a Facebook or X profile, message a rep, and have the account closed 🙂👍

Thanks Oliver. I appreciate the response 

What an absolute joke of a system. 

Give your personal data to meta to try and cancel..... I'll take my chances with a recovery agent...   

Just feels 1950s backward looking for a telecoms company.....

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can receive a call on any (Canadian) number, it doesn’t have to be your Koodo number. One option would be to get a temporary Canadian number from Fongo for free and use that for the call back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ThisIsFrustrating 

Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel here on community, however, we have sent you a PM, so we can confirm some more details and try help you out, please check out your inbox when you get the chance.