Koodo Community
Question

Can't cancel my internet subscription

• 5 April 2024
  • 4 replies

I signed up for an internet subscription 24 hours ago. I decided that same day to stay with my previous provided when they offered me a discount. I can’t cancel the subscription. I scheduled a callback and was told that I can only cancel it online, but the option to cancel does not show up and it says the order is being processed. The rep on the phone said his system shows that the order had been fully processed and I should be able to cancel. Told me to wait until the morning and try again. It’s now 24 hours later, still no option to cancel, and I’ve been waiting 7 hours for a callback, including one call back that automatically put me on hold for 1 hour and no-one ever answered. Is there any way to actually reach customer service to solve this?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I signed up for an internet subscription 24 hours ago. I decided that same day to stay with my previous provided when they offered me a discount. I can’t cancel the subscription. I scheduled a callback and was told that I can only cancel it online, but the option to cancel does not show up and it says the order is being processed. The rep on the phone said his system shows that the order had been fully processed and I should be able to cancel. Told me to wait until the morning and try again. It’s now 24 hours later, still no option to cancel, and I’ve been waiting 7 hours for a callback, including one call back that automatically put me on hold for 1 hour and no-one ever answered. Is there any way to actually reach customer service to solve this?

Let me flag a rep to help you out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @thomas stratton 

In order to assist, we would need more information about the case. Did you receive the package already ? How about a confirmation email with the activation date ? 

Hi Darius, 

Thanks for the Reply. I spent an hour on the phone with someone from the mobile department today, who eventually said he found a form to submit for cancelling the internet subscription. Hopefully that works, he said he wasn’t 100% sure if it would. My account page still says “Order being processed” with no button for cancelling. Still unable to reach the internet department, the callbacks never actually come through.

I did receive a confirmation email. I had set the activation date as April 18th, but the confirmation email says, “Term: April 24, and renews month to month”. Have not received the package yet, was hoping to cancel it before it arrived.

Order Date: April 3, 2024
Equipment being shipped: Modem and Wi-Fi 6 router
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Got it ! Indeed they do have a form request which can be sent in order to investigate and proceed with the cancelation. 

You would also be notified of the updates.