Skip to main content

I want to add a second line for my son who is going to school. When I go through the steps it makes it seem like it might wipe out my number etc. I want to be sure if I follow the steps that my plan will stay the same and just add a second line for him for the $15 plan. Anyone else have a second line for their kid on their main plan? 

Thanks in advance! 

You can add a line on your Self-Serve account. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/add-a-line

And my plan will just remain the same, no changes to it? Other than the new cost of the phone. Thanks for the quick response! 

Yes, you are adding a new line to your account. It should not have any effect on your existing line. 

If you are looking at the $15 plan and it's for a child, I recommend going prepaid with them. This way they can never incur overages. 

There’s a surprising amount of times people come here saying that their children have used a lot of data overages or other such charges. A prepaid plan would prevent that possibility and is a good starting point.

Adding my voice 🙂 Plus the prepaid $15 plan actually provides twice the amount of data (500MB) and international picture messaging (MMS on the postpaid plan is $$$ for each message). And last but not least - there is nothing to stop the child from going over the allotted 100 minutes and rake up a huge bill that way. Prepaid is definitely the way to go :)