Skip to main content
Solved

Why doesn't online show all the models available for a particular phone?

• 10 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I was looking at getting a Google Pixel 8 Pro, but online they only show 128GB obsidian as the model available. I stopped in at a store to ask if they had larger capacity ones available and the rep there showed me there were 256GB phones available. She recommended contacting customer service to find out if I could order one online, but of course there is no phone number for customer service so I’m creating this post.

How do I reach customer service to find out if ordering the 256GB phone online is possible or not?

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Available phone should show up online on their webpage. For the Pixel 8 Pro, only 128GB is available https://www.koodomobile.com/en/phones/google-pixel-8-pro

Note that, the store had a different inventory system than the webstore. If you still insist contacting a rep, try to schedule a call back from Koodo and ask using their digital bot www.koodo.com/chat

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It means the 256GB version is no longer available and will not be restocked for the online store.

If the physical store has the 256GB version it means it is old stock.

If you able to purchase the phone outright, I recommend getting it directly from Google.

Carriers jack up phone pricing and then discount it when you get it on a tab so the discounted pricing acts as a cancellation fee that goes beyond the MSRP of the phone.

It means the 256GB version is no longer available and will not be restocked for the online store.

If the physical store has the 256GB version it means it is old stock.

If you able to purchase the phone outright, I recommend getting it directly from Google.

Carriers jack up phone pricing and then discount it when you get it on a tab so the discounted pricing acts as a cancellation fee that goes beyond the MSRP of the phone.

The phone I want was not physically in the store, so I’d still have to have it shipped to me. If it needs to be shipped, I should be able to get it online.

256GB 8 Pro directly from Google is $1429, if I get the same phone on the Tab Mid I was told I’d pay $202 up front and $15x24 on the Tab, for a total of $562 out of pocket for the phone.  I have been a Koodo customer for years so I’m not planning on leaving any time soon, so the fear of “overpaying” if I cancel is a non-issue.

Available phone should show up online on their webpage. For the Pixel 8 Pro, only 128GB is available https://www.koodomobile.com/en/phones/google-pixel-8-pro

Note that, the store had a different inventory system than the webstore. If you still insist contacting a rep, try to schedule a call back from Koodo and ask using their digital bot www.koodo.com/chat

Thanks, I will try to jump through the proper hoops to schedule a call back.