Skip to main content
Question

Why does the Tab Basic price show $7.50 per month but then increases to $10.00 per month when added to my cart?

I would like to purchase the Samsung Galaxy A15 5G. In the choose a phone price section it says that with Tab Basic it will be $0.00 today then $7.50 per month for 24 months, but when added to my cart it says that it will be $10.00 per month for 24 months. I know it’s not a huge difference, but I am wondering why it’s not the $7.50 dollars per month as listed?

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you share a screenshot where you see it say it’s available for $7.50/m?

I noticed when I’m not signed into my account the Tab Basic for this phone says $40.00 today then $10/mo for 24 months, which is what ends up in my cart. When I’m signed in however, it says $0.00 today then $7.50/mo for 24 months, but that is not what shows up when I add it to my cart. I assume this is a special offer for me to upgrade my phone. Is there a promo code I’m missing or something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep for you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Skotti

The price reverts to the basic general pricing because your account currently has a very old, non-current plan. Once you choose any of the current Tab Basic plans, the correct promo price should display.

Hope this helped. :) 

I just added a current plan to my cart, but the correct promo price did not display. It still says $40.00 due now and Tab Basic $10.00 per month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Skotti 

That;s weird, what plan did you take and did you go all the way to the end before doing the final check out?

Canada-wide $30. I got up to the point where it says Checkout at the bottom. 

Thank you for your help. I tried adding a different plan- $35.00/mo with 30GB of data and it gave me the promo pricing. So it was the plan that I chose that was the problem. It is a better plan and worth it in the long run.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you for your help. I tried adding a different plan- $35.00/mo with 30GB of data and it gave me the promo pricing. So it was the plan that I chose that was the problem. It is a better plan and worth it in the long run.

It is better for sure. The $30 plan don't including data and you get data charges so easy and quickly add up.

I'm glad you got similar price with data.

Same issue here. Recently upgraded to $50 70gb plan. Try to order one of the recertified iphone 13 pro max or 14 pro max and the phone is either never in stock (there’s no search function to show “in-stock” only!!!??) so I waste my time looking. Then again today find iphone 13 pro max 128gb and says $109 pay now, $10/month when I sign in. Keep my recently upgraded plan and then it says I need to pay $509 up front. What???

Customer service couldn’t help me over the phone nor on fb chat. It took them 3hrs to call me back, in that time the phone I wanted sold out again. Perfect! Basically I’m S.O.L. 

I see public mobile has plans for $45 for 75gb and I can pickup either a 13 or 14 pro max recert phone elsewhere for less money than koodo is offering and zero hassles.

I’m going to jump ship the next week when I have the time to do so. What a joke koodo is. Also, the website is the slowest POS I’ve experienced lately. Please take some of the trackers off so it can load reasonably fast.

Something is seriously wrong with koodo management that it’s this level of garbage service for long time customers. Customer service rep told me he’s had a lot of complaints lately. No kidding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Same issue here. Recently upgraded to $50 70gb plan. Try to order one of the recertified iphone 13 pro max or 14 pro max and the phone is either never in stock (there’s no search function to show “in-stock” only!!!??) so I waste my time looking. Then again today find iphone 13 pro max 128gb and says $109 pay now, $10/month when I sign in. Keep my recently upgraded plan and then it says I need to pay $509 up front. What???

Customer service couldn’t help me over the phone nor on fb chat. It took them 3hrs to call me back, in that time the phone I wanted sold out again. Perfect! Basically I’m S.O.L. 

I see public mobile has plans for $45 for 75gb and I can pickup either a 13 or 14 pro max recert phone elsewhere for less money than koodo is offering and zero hassles.

I’m going to jump ship the next week when I have the time to do so. What a joke koodo is. Also, the website is the slowest POS I’ve experienced lately. Please take some of the trackers off so it can load reasonably fast.

Something is seriously wrong with koodo management that it’s this level of garbage service for long time customers. Customer service rep told me he’s had a lot of complaints lately. No kidding.

Which Tab did you select, did you select the “tab basic” or Tab plus? As well, I saw a different pricing when I didn’t login to my account?

After wasting a few hours on this talking to two customer service reps and finally getting it done via fb message chat with a 3rd koodo customer service rep…. had to give up my $50 plan for a $34 plan. I don’t get it… koodo wants to make less money from me, prob 50gb is more than enough anyway. So stupid. Very frustrating experience. Finally got a recert iphone 13 pro max.

I tried all available tabs, but when going to checkout unless you remove your existing plan and select one of new stupid plans  (losing intl texting btw) it won’t give you the $400 tab bonus (or whatever you are eligible for). Yes, always signed in while attempting this.

Then the system wouldn’t accept my CC. I tried two different addresses, two different browsers. Rejected 4 times. Called CC company - no issues with my card. Come on Koodo. Everything was like going to the dentist.

If my next interaction is this STUPID and they don’t fix their website I’m gone.