Koodo Community
Question

what if something happens. to the phone during the 30 day test drive

• 20 March 2024
  • 3 replies

What if something with the phones internals shorts or goes faulty like a micro mosfit or resistor fries shorts out or disconnects from the cercut board during that 30 day period do to say it took that one small dropped call or had its last heat wave or over charge or long game session are these used like new phones backed by a not held liable for faulty equipment or some kinda insurance policy that gets me a replacement should that one fail I. The 30 day period? 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What if something with the phones internals shorts or goes faulty like a micro mosfit or resistor fries shorts out or disconnects from the cercut board during that 30 day period do to say it took that one small dropped call or had its last heat wave or over charge or long game session are these used like new phones backed by a not held liable for faulty equipment or some kinda insurance policy that gets me a replacement should that one fail I. The 30 day period? 

You may be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. Depending on the issue, they might provide you with a replacement. If you bought the Device Complete Care plan, you can also make a claim to get it repaired.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If something is wrong with it within the 30 day return window for online purchases and 15 days for retail store purchases, you can return/exchange it. If you feel that a dropped call, for example, is due to a physical fault, you have that 15/30 days regardless. Beyond that, you’d have to use the warranty. And there’s no guarantees that they’d be able to find the fault for something like calls dropping.

There’s more info here:

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To add on to Goran, the return policy states that your phone must be in like-new condition with the original packaging. This may not apply to you.