Koodo Community
Question

Request to refund

• 30 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi There,

Please note that I bought a Koodo prepaid sim card with the following #**40  last year 2023 in July, for which I have paid a credit for it monthly.  (Only Purchased Credit every month)

I confirm the last time that I charged this prepaid SIM card was on Aug-29th-2023 and I used this number until 28th September 2023 then switched it off and never used this phone line then after. 

Surprisingly I have just noticed 3 "unrequested-unauthorized" charged payments on my credit card each at 45.99 CAD  that were posted on the:

28th Oct 2023

27th Nov 2023 

27th Dec2023

I strongly believe that these charges have never been requested and authorized by me and unfortunately, they have been unnoticed until now, therefore  I wanted to request you to verify this case and proceed with a refund with a value (3 *45.99 CAD= 139.97 CAD) at your earliest possible.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi There,

Please note that I bought a Koodo prepaid sim card with the following #**** last year 2023 in July, for which I have paid a credit for it monthly.  (Only Purchased Credit every month)

I confirm the last time that I charged this prepaid SIM card was on Aug-29th-2023 and I used this number until 28th September 2023 then switched it off and never used this phone line then after. 

Surprisingly I have just noticed 3 "unrequested-unauthorized" charged payments on my credit card each at 45.99 CAD  that were posted on the:

28th Oct 2023

27th Nov 2023 

27th Dec2023

I strongly believe that these charges have never been requested and authorized by me and unfortunately, they have been unnoticed until now, therefore  I wanted to request you to verify this case and proceed with a refund with a value (3 *45.99 CAD= 139.97 CAD) at your earliest possible.

Are you sure that you are on a prepaid plan? It is strange that you are still being charged for payments on your credit card if you stopped putting in credit to your line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @alavi.sara1 

If it’s a prepaid account, did you have the automatic top-up enabled?

If yes, this would explain the charges.
If you wish to discuss further, please schedule a call back with the virtual assist https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help

No, never I have enabled an automatic top-up . That's why I got a pre-paid , because only need it for a limited time and with a manual charge by myself in monthly basis ….

Thanks for your reply , but I would need your help to check this case and process a refund for those 3 unrequested charges. 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As much as we want to help,  we have limited access to prepaid accounts here on community. We’d recommend scheduling a call back with our Prepaid support.