Skip to main content
Question

New SIM unregistered

• 23 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I recently got a new phone and even after registering the sim card through self server it is still not working. I tried going through the chat but was talking to a bot and it was telling me to buy a new one. I shouldn't have to since I just got this. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

after the sim was registered have you tried restarting the device? (sounds simple but is a necessary step). Besides that, you can also try resetting your network settings in your phone and see if that resolves the issue. 🙂👍

I have restarted it. I'm not very techy but I'll check my settings 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No problem 🙂 to do it with a Samsung device you would follow these steps: settings → scroll down and tap general management → scroll down and tap reset → tap reset network settings → tap reset settings and then enter your password. After this your device will clear its network connections and re-establish new ones.

If you’re still not receiving a signal after this the SIM card may just be defective and you will have to get a new one (it happens a lot more often than you would think) I presume as well this is related to your other post below as texts will not work when you’re not on wifi if your sim is coming up as unregistered