Koodo Community
Question

Lost phone

• 11 February 2024
  • 3 replies

So, I sent in my Samsung S23 Ultra in to Best Buy to have it repaired, and long story short they lost it. Am I still liable to pay off my remaining tab? I have my simcard in a new phone, but I still don’t have my S23 Ultra.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

so as far as koodo are concerned, just keep paying your bill. Nothing changes to your tab even if you switch phones as you have agreed to pay it for 2 years. The bill will still be the same every month as it has been, switching phones does not change that. On the contrary, if you wanted to just pay off the balance you can by scheduling a call back via your self serve and asking for the remaining balance to be on your next bill, though I imagine it is a lot. I hope this answers your question 😊

Hi there,

so as far as koodo are concerned, just keep paying your bill. Nothing changes to your tab even if you switch phones as you have agreed to pay it for 2 years. The bill will still be the same every month as it has been, switching phones does not change that. On the contrary, if you wanted to just pay off the balance you can by scheduling a call back via your self serve and asking for the remaining balance to be on your next bill, though I imagine it is a lot. I hope this answers your question 😊

Not really, I don’t want to pay off a phone I no longer have. I bought the phone from best buy in the first place and they’re the ones who lost it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

Not really, I don’t want to pay off a phone I no longer have. I bought the phone from best buy in the first place and they’re the ones who lost it.

yeah its unfortunate I am sorry to hear that happened, unfortunately that is up to best buy to fix, not koodo. I hope they manage to compensate you some way seems a bit random for them to lose it to me. I hope everything works out though.