Koodo Community
Question

Koodo web purchase verification

• 27 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I purchased a new phone on Koodos web site recently. The next day I received a call from an 1-866 number saying they're a Koodo rep wanting to validate my purchase. They asked for my Koodo security pin. My concern is that we have all been conditioned not to provide private information over the phone especially for calls we don't initiate ourselves. While the timing of the call lines up with the purchase there surely must be a better way to do this ? I had to log into Koodo to make the initial purchase but apparently that's not secure enough to confirm the purchase ?  I had to do a callback to Koodo to provide them with my pin which I could have supplied when I made the purchase. Perhaps that is the way the whole experience could be made better ? Now I have to go change my pin.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am not sure if that was a security concern. Only Koodo knew you are ordering a phone, They should know the model and they would like to confirm you were the one who ordered it. The purpose of the call was to make sure they knew that you were the one who actually ordered it and not someone who illegally gained access to your selfserve.

Scheduling call back could also work but you would have to  schedule a call back from webstore and not normal customer service

If you are not comfortable with it, you would have to check in at a Koodo kiosk or a retail (connection fee might apply).