Skip to main content
Question

Bought a new phone, suddenly owe $179 on my tab

• 23 July 2024
  • 3 replies

My old phone was paid off and I was only paying monthly for a plan, so I bought a new phone. On check out it said I only needed to pay shipping for the new phone. But suddenly after purchase it now says I owe $179. I am extremely unhappy and don’t understand why I suddenly owe this much money.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you provide a screenshot of the Tab balance on your account? Make sure to remove any personal details, as this is a public forum.

Can you provide a screenshot of the Tab balance on your account? Make sure to remove any personal details, as this is a public forum.

Sorry I think I misunderstood it. I have a negative tab balance which I assume is what I will be paying monthly towards. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry I think I misunderstood it. I have a negative tab balance which I assume is what I will be paying monthly towards. 

This is correct, your “tab” that you pay every month goes to pay off this negative balance. The “tab bonus” is what Koodo provides towards the phone if you keep it for two years. At the end of the 2 years, the tab goes away once the balance is paid off and you own the phone. More info can be found in the link 🙂👍

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/everything-you-need-to-know-about-tab#