Skip to main content

mobile reception Koodo vs Bell

• 19 July 2024
  • 7 replies

I switched to koodo on a Samsung phone and do not get reception at all.  I always had at least one bar with BEll and was able to make calls.  Should I go back to Bell???

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you recently port over to Koodo? Are you experiencing the issue in a specific area?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What area or town are you in?  Does the coverage map show coverage in your area?

Do you have connection at all in your region?

1 bar is better than no bars, but only barely.  How is Rogers in your area?

poor coverage here.  this phone is for emergencies only get 1 or 2 bars I had with Bell but ok to phone.  How to I cancel Koodo services.  There is no options anywhere on the self serve.  Going back to Bell, at least you can actually talk to someone without having to wait for the next day!!!!  So please let me know how I can cancel.  This will have cost me 40$ for nothing.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you sure it is just a reception thing?  Have you gone to an area with better reception and it works?

If so, then the easiest way to cancel and go back to Bell would be to sign up with Bell and then request a callback from Koodo assist to cancel.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

If you need to port your number, you can do that in your Bell account, but I would request the callback and tell the rep to allow the line to be ported since you wont be able to receive the port request text message and reply to it.

I get one bar if I select 3G/2G but none if I select LTE/3G/2G…

Thanks for your quick replies.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Its weird since LTE/3G should auto connect to 3G when LTE is unavailable.

Koodo does not have a 2G network

I know.  This is getting to be a very frustrating experience!  Should have kept my flip phone!