Koodo Community
Solved

March 17th 10GB offer malfunctioning

• 19 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I received a promotional text from 5252 with the following: 

"Koodo: We have something special for you. Enjoy 10GB of bonus data per month for 6 months on us as a thank you for being a Koodo Prepaid customer. Hurry, offer ends March 17.

Reply YES to claim.

Account must remain active. Offer to be applied by April 17. Offer does not stack with other data bonus offers. If you no longer wish to hear about Koodo offers, visit http://koo.do/3QPfmVZ"

I replied YES on March 17th (my account is active) and received the following reply:

Thank you for your response.  Offer will be applied to eligible accounts between March 17 to April 17.

... but no new data allocations arrived in my account as of March 17th.  It is now March 19th and my account still shows zero data available (as it did on March 15th). 

Have I misunderstood something, or has this offer been falsely advertised, or is something malfunctioning?

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 19 March 2024, 13:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That was strange. Did you change your plan recently to something else recently?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @NSwann  

Don’t worry, everything is in order. It is also normal that you don’t see it on your account yet.. 

The dedicated team has tu run a script to apply the promo data to all elligible accounts that opt in,
it can take up to a month for it to be applied to customers accounts.

Thas is why the confirmation SMS that you recieved, clearly states that the promo data will be applied between March 17th and April 17th, no later than that date.

Hope this helped. 

Cheers, 

@Boa_Guy Koodo :  Thank you for that clarification.  FYI, I would call that uncompetitive service, at best, and misleading representation, at worst, on the part of Koodo/TELUS.

The way it was written leads one to believe that the data will be available for use starting March 17th, ending April 17th. 

Moreover, your surprise announcement of a data reward arrived March 14th and required an activating reply by March 17th.  It was therefore reasonable to presume the data would be received on March 17th.  I don’t know what justification you might have for requiring your customers to answer within 3 days but then allowing yourselves 31 days to do your bit, but it is hard to believe your systems are so slow as to require that much implementation time.

Lastly, on the competitive side:  I have been experimenting with other network providers.  Like you, they regularly offer promotions like this (requiring an activating reply).  With them, the data reaches my account within minutes of my accepting the offer.

I could have used that data boost on March 17th, and yesterday, and today.  Receiving it by April 17th will be much less meaningful to me.