Koodo Community
Question

How to use the $20 prepaid koodo sim card which came with my phone.

• 6 February 2024
  • 10 replies

I want to use the $20 prepaid Koodo sim card which came with my unlocked phone when I bought it. There doesn’t seem to be any option on the activation site to use this as payment, unless this is considered a “voucher”. In which case, where do I find the voucher number? Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you explain what you mean by $20 prepaid card? Did you get a prepaid SIM card or an actual voucher?

Thanks for the reply, Sophia. I received a Koodo Prepaid SIM card along with my phone when I originally purchased it. It says $20.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can activate your prepaid sim by following the directions here

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/activating-your-prepaid-phone

Thank you, Dennis. Yes, I’ve been trying to do that but then it wants me to choose a plan & the only payment options are by credit card or voucher. So how can I take advantage of the $20 SIM card?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, Koodo stopped giving $20 credit with their prepaid SIM. I guess you received an older one that still has it printed on the sleeve. No idea if they would honor the deal still but you could try to contact them by scheduling a callback (make sure you pick the prepaid “bot”).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Where did you purchase this koodo prepaid phone and sim?  Was it online on Koodo’s website?

I purchased an Alcatel phone which came with the Koodo card at WalMart in Canada some time ago.

Hmm, not sure how they’d call me back though?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You would need any canadian phone number to complete a callback.  If you dont have a phone or landline available to you, you can try to schedule it when you are with your friend or family memeber who does have a phone line.

Okay, thank you!