Skip to main content
Question

data offer by text

• 14 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I have received a few text from 4917 that offer a great deal on data and it says to  “reply YES3 to get 5GB  data for 20 dollars” . I was about to do it when I noticed an website hyperlink for opting out of Koodo offers. The website is.    http://koo.do/3QpfmVZ.          I thought that the. “koo.do”  part looked phishy and when I tried to follow the link it says it is not a secure website. Is this a legit offer or is it phishing? Anybody know? TIA

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It looks legit. The Koo.do is legit as well from koodo.

What is your plan? $20 for 5GB doesn't sound that great of a deal

Thanks Dennis. I am a prepaid customer and a 1GB booster is usually $30. The data does not expire at the end of the month, it is good for as long as the account is active. I don’t use a heck of a lot of data, and 5GB will probably last me years!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

in that case you might be better off switching your plan as they have gotten much better recently for prepaid. For example $29 for 20GB is available, so this would be much cheaper than buying the boosters etc. 

Thanks for your reply Oliver. I pay only $15/month and don’t use much data or minutes so it does work for me to just buy data as I need it.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think this offer is legit. 

Since you are prepaid, you are protected from any unexpected charges related to your mobile account anyways.