Koodo Community
Question

tab to match plan

My current plan: 75G data and all the other usual long distance and texting deals. I tried to purchase a phone on the Koodo site but my plan wont allow for a tab account.

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You meant your plan was a $75 (not 75gb?). When did you have the plan and was there currently any tab with that plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My current plan: 75G data and all the other usual long distance and texting deals. I tried to purchase a phone on the Koodo site but my plan wont allow for a tab account.

Unfortunately, the plan is not eligible for a Tab upgrade. You will have to purchase the phone at the retail price listed on the Koodo page.

Alternatively, you may want to consider getting a device on Amazon, eBay, Kijiji, or Facebook Marketplace.

No. My plan is 75G data and its $55 per month. I had paid of my tab with my current offer when this plan was offered.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No. My plan is 75G data and its $55 per month. I had paid of my tab with my current offer when this plan was offered.

So you got the plan with a phone before? was it more than 2 year ago?

Could you post a snapshot of the error when you tried to upgrade (Hide/delete all personal information before posting pls).

I had a plan with less data. When I got the current plan I have now offered to me, the tab I had was paid off. I currently have no tab. Im looking to buy a new phone now. But I cant get a tab with my current plan when I get a new phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I had a plan with less data. When I got the current plan I have now offered to me, the tab I had was paid off. I currently have no tab. Im looking to buy a new phone now. But I cant get a tab with my current plan when I get a new phone.

Let me flag a rep to have more insight into it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @frogster 

Just to confirm, when you try to upgrade your phone, you are asked to pick a different plan?

Will you please share a screenshot of the page that asks you to choose a different plan? (make sure you hide any personal info) 

Not meaning to hijack the thread but I am in  a similar situation. I would like to know the answer to this before I switch plans.

If I switch to a $50 / 40 GB or $55 / 75 GB plan will it be eligible for Tab Plus devices?

I currently have a $0 Tab balance but would like to put a Pixel 7a or Galaxy S23 on Tab Plus.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@frogster Are you abe to select a different plan during the renewal process?

If yes, please choose a different plan, complete the upgrade and let us know if you can then switch back to the $55 75Gb plan. If not, we will change it for you, since the current eligibility requires at least $55 for tab mid/plus https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone

@Dan H If you are not planning to upgrade today, the tab eligiblity (see the link above) may change over time and keeping the same plan is not guaranteed, however at the moment, the $55 75 Gb is Tab Plus eligible. 

@Dan H If you are not planning to upgrade today, the tab eligiblity (see the link above) may change over time and keeping the same plan is not guaranteed, however at the moment, the $55 75 Gb is Tab Plus eligible

I switched to the $55 / 75GB plan. It seems Koodo prefers the $55 / 30GB plan for Tab Plus.

The S23 also went from $0 upfront / $25 a month to $308 upfront / $33 for 24 months.

Essentially, if I follow Koodo, they want me to throw away 45GB a month and pay an additional $500 for the phone, $8x24+$308.

I guess I’ll wait. 😀

If yes, please choose a different plan, complete the upgrade and let us know if you can then switch back to the $55 75Gb plan. If not, we will change it for you, since the current eligibility requires at least $55 for tab mid/plus https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone

@Dan H If you are not planning to upgrade today, the tab eligiblity (see the link above) may change over time and keeping the same plan is not guaranteed, however at the moment, the $55 75 Gb is Tab Plus eligible. 

I am having the same issue, I want to upgrade my phone but am unable to put it on a tab because I also have the $55/75GB plan. If I switch to another plan during the upgrade, will I be able to switch back to my current plan as well??

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am having the same issue, I want to upgrade my phone but am unable to put it on a tab because I also have the $55/75GB plan. If I switch to another plan during the upgrade, will I be able to switch back to my current plan as well??

@RyelieV The thread was 1 month old, and there were already 2 people asking slightly different issues. I recommend you open a new thread of your own, so your issue could be assisted better.