Koodo Community
Solved

switching to bring your own phone

• 6 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I paid off my tab balance and looking to switch to a cheaper plan under the "bring your own phone" plans.

The prompts say that I will be sent a new phone and the instructions are for those switching from another company.

Do I need a new SIM and would my phone number be the same? Is there a simpler way to get the cheaper plan?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 6 March 2024, 04:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You mentioned that you paid off your tab balance.  Is your 24 months  up now or paid it off early ?  If you paid it off early, you need to check how much Tab bonuse you have left.

And to switch to BYOD plan, you need to login to your self serve and change your plan.  Sound like you tried to sign up as a new customer. And if you do that, you can't transfer your current number to your new account.

Thank you for your response.

I paid it off early so I do have a balance. Does that change things?

Also, the plans under "change your plan" are different from the plans and promotions under "plans". The plan I was attempting to switch to gave 2 options, the BYOP or add a line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you phone was on sale, then there is a Tab Bonus that you would need to pay back if you upgrade phones early or change to an ineligible plan

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Tab-bonus

Which promo plan are you trying to get?  When you expand the info do you see if it says it is not available for rate plan changes?