Koodo Community
Solved

speed cap

• 25 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3

So I have had a really hard time getting a straight answer from koodo registering upgrading my current plan which is $55 20gb of data at 4g LTE speeds. I went to the mall and I have an offer on my account for $55 for 30gb of data but it says only 4g speeds doesn’t say LTE the rep at the mall told me it’s the exact same thing. Later that night I go to change it on my self serve and it says on the new plan capped at 100mbps so I called into koodo and told them what I was seeing and he also said no there’s no difference in your plan and the new plan aside from 10gb more and when I told him the message about the speed he put me on hold came back and then said yes you’ll get less speed so pick if data or speed is more important to me. He put in a request to have a manager call me back which I got a call today from the manager and the manager also has told me there’s no difference in the two plans and that my current plan which is 4g lte is capped at 100mbps as well but I did a speed test while on the phone with him and got 271mbps and asked him how that’s possible and didn’t have an answer. Then he told me that if I do the new 30gb plan there’s perks now and I can choose speed boost to get 200mbps but I took a look at the plan and it doesn’t show that perks are available on that specific plan. Can someone explain to me what is happening and why I’ve gotten so many different answers from koodo? 

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 25 November 2022, 02:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Here is a screenshot of the speed test while I was on the phone with koodo 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So I have had a really hard time getting a straight answer from koodo registering upgrading my current plan which is $55 20gb of data at 4g LTE speeds. I went to the mall and I have an offer on my account for $55 for 30gb of data but it says only 4g speeds doesn’t say LTE the rep at the mall told me it’s the exact same thing. Later that night I go to change it on my self serve and it says on the new plan capped at 100mbps so I called into koodo and told them what I was seeing and he also said no there’s no difference in your plan and the new plan aside from 10gb more and when I told him the message about the speed he put me on hold came back and then said yes you’ll get less speed so pick if data or speed is more important to me. He put in a request to have a manager call me back which I got a call today from the manager and the manager also has told me there’s no difference in the two plans and that my current plan which is 4g lte is capped at 100mbps as well but I did a speed test while on the phone with him and got 271mbps and asked him how that’s possible and didn’t have an answer. Then he told me that if I do the new 30gb plan there’s perks now and I can choose speed boost to get 200mbps but I took a look at the plan and it doesn’t show that perks are available on that specific plan. Can someone explain to me what is happening and why I’ve gotten so many different answers from koodo? 

Can you provide a screenshot of your plan? Make sure to remove any personal details, as this is a public forum.

Userlevel 3

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well, they probably haven't implemented the speed cap yet or they had some difficult to make it work. However they could put it on (or remove it) at anytime in the future.

Your plan should work just like any plan without the cap besides the speed (not implemented yet).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your plan shows that it is at 4G LTE speed, meaning there is a speed cap of 100Mbps. Even though you are able to use the full speed right now, it is possible that this may change later on. Enjoy it while it lasts. 

Userlevel 3

Your plan shows that it is at 4G LTE speed, meaning there is a speed cap of 100Mbps. Even though you are able to use the full speed right now, it is possible that this may change later on. Enjoy it while it lasts. 

everything online says previous plans for existing koodo customers are not affected by the speed cap only if you switch to a new plan that just says 4G?

https://mobilesyrup.com/2022/02/17/koodo-100mbps-data-speed-cap/