Koodo Community
Question

seasonal hold not activated

Before leaving the country, I called Koodo customer service and was over the call with someone for about an hour. He guided me to do so by clicking on the plan change option, but the option was not there. But he confirmed that he activated the vacation hold starting on March 16 from his side, and I will get an email by March 15.

But I am not sure if it is active yet, as I haven’t gotten any confirmation emails. I am currently outside the country, and there is no chat or email option for me to ask them and check it out. The only option is to setup a callback, and I am outside the country, so that option is also not available or expensive coz of roaming.

I am totally disappointed by how disturbing it is that I want to worry about it once I’m abroad( even though I took effort in calling them and setting things up before I left) , and there is no option to reach them. I am hoping this forum has some Koodo representatives who can get in touch with me and check my account via any private chat option. 

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since it went into effect today, please check self serve tomorrow and see if your seasonal hold plan is active. If not, report back here. We can flag a rep for you and they will make sure you won’t be charged that extra day - and that it’s active :)

Thanks Sophia. Your response is much appreciated! 

I still haven’t got any emails or text messages. Can someone please confirm that it’s on seasonal hold ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Georgeg0 

Please use the ‘’log in via Self serve’’ option in the community login page and let us know once you are done, so we can check. Thank you! 

I believe I just can’t login using the self service option to the community. 

but I’m now logged in @Flo Koodo 

I’m logged in to my account. Is this enough ?

I am just going to sleep. It’s too late here. Can’t believe that I am going through this, despite of being on Call for 55 min , March 5th 10:48 AM. Would be great to check with the rep who setup all these for me. I am glad to provide my number by any other private means, but not here on a public forum. Is there an option @Flo Koodo to send a private message please ? Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry for the late reply here! 

We’d be able to check the details once you log into your community account via self serve.

What happens when you try to log into your Koodo community account via self serve?

Are you getting any specific error?

If yes, will you please try on a different browser or in incognito mode?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Or better yet, can you login to your self serve normally.  THen check your Plans and Add-ons.  What plan does it say you have?  

Take a screenshot and post on here if needed

Above is the screenshot. This is what it shows. @Dennis There was never an option f vacation hold over there, that is why the rep activated it for me. But no confirmation email.

Sorry for the late reply here! 

We’d be able to check the details once you log into your community account via self serve.

What happens when you try to log into your Koodo community account via self serve?

Are you getting any specific error?

If yes, will you please try on a different browser or in incognito mode?

@Flo Koodo Following is what I get when I try to sign in using selfserve account.

Any help is much appreciated. 

tried incognito mode same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry to hear that @Georgeg0 . Without authenticating, we cannot access the account. Is it possible to try from a different device or browser ?

If it is still persisting, the other option would be to schedule a callback with our Customer Service and our agents will be able to assist you in the request. 

Can you check if you can access my account? I logged into my self-service account, and then I was able to come here to the community. 

The whole point of me calling before leaving the country was to avoid going through this callback once I am outside the country. Last time, I was with the agent for 55 minutes, and now being on the call for 55 minutes means I will be charged roaming even if I am using any other local numbers.

Okay, I can confirm one thing. The agent with whom I spoke on March 5th at 10:48 AM for 55 minutes didn't set up my seasonal plan. I am not sure for what reason I was on hold while he was doing all this and finally confirmed that he set this up. Please feel free to check my account and the agent, as this was a scheduled call-back from Koodo.

I was checking my Koodo account now and saw an option to 'pause my service temporarily' under 'Mobile services'. I am attaching screenshots.

Now my question is, this was supposed to be active starting on March 16. Can someone at least do the necessary to refund the amount for this period? @Flo Koodo @Darius Koodo 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Georgeg0 

Apologies for the late reply here!

Unfortunately, we are unable to access the account on our end.

If you have a Fabook or Twitter account, please send us a message using the links at the bottom, so we can further assist.