Koodo Community
Question

Roaming Offer

• 19 February 2024
  • 10 replies

Koodo, thanks for the roaming offer, would have been very timely. But today, here in Cuba, I had to activate roaming to get my email that contained the 'roaming offer' and because of that I'm not eligible for the roaming offer. Good deal but useless to me.

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which roaming offer was it? When you said you needed to access email, can you use wifi to open that email?

‘Get an extra day roaming in us’ - fine print #2 says that the roaming offer is no good if you’ve already triggered the $16/day roaming fee - so I’m screwed 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @javaminit 

Have you tried texting the promo code as per the email instructions?

Yes, I tried it. That’s how I k ow I’m not eligible: ‘Offer cannot be applied retroactively and the code must be activated prior to roaming. Code provided in this email is exclusive and non-transferable’

Again, nice offer but useless to me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

‘Get an extra day roaming in us’ - fine print #2 says that the roaming offer is no good if you’ve already triggered the $16/day roaming fee - so I’m screwed 

Not sure if you copied the text correctly but the offer seems to be available only in “US”. If you are traveling to Cuba, that is international roaming and it is charged at a different rate.

The email I received said :’ You will be charged $14/day in the U.S. or $16/day internationally’ from that, I understand this offer is not restricted to the U.S. of A

When I texted the promo code, I got a text back from Koodo: My text from Koodo says : 

Koodo: You have sent an invalid key word.

maybe it’s the wrong code, but it’s the one I received from Koodo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The email I received said :’ You will be charged $14/day in the U.S. or $16/day internationally’ from that, I understand this offer is not restricted to the U.S. of A

If possible, can you post a snapshot of the email/text offer here? Hide all personal information before posting please.

If you are overseas, you could as well chat with a rep via Facebook messaging or schedule a call back to ask them about the deal.

Dinh, 

I don’t do facebook, so here is the offer