Koodo Community
Question

Possible to port landline I no longer have access to?

• 11 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Is it possible to port a landline phone number I no longer have access to? I'm not sure if the process requires you to confirm anything on the old number, which won't be possible. 

Long story is: my mom lost her apartment, and in the meantime I added a line to my account so she could still use a phone while looking for a new place. She found a new place, and decided she won't need the landline but wants to keep the old number. I'm going to schedule a move for her Telus services and drop the landline, and I'd prefer to do that all in one, but that means I need to port the old number, which we don't have access to.

Worst case scenario, we have to cancel the landline after the move is done, but ideally we can get it all done at once. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It isn't possible unless you find a way to reactivate the landline number temporarily. As well, some landlines weren't transferable to cellular one. I recommend you contact Telus directly and ask what the options are in your case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What do you mean you no longer have access to the landline?  If the account is still active, then you can still port the number.  You just need to schedule a callback in order to do this.  Please see FAQ #5

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo