Skip to main content

Hello, I have some questions about changing plans.

Question 1:
If I change plans how will I be charged. Is my old and new plan pro rated until the next renewal date?

Question 2: 
I am changing plans because my bill went up by $5 after being here around 6 months. I signed into self service and see that I can get a better plan at $40 but $35 with autopay.

I am currently on autopay. Will it automatically know to charge me $35 if I switch plans?

The new plan does not say I get unlimited MMS (incoming and outgoing) and SMS (incoming and outgoing), free incoming roaming SMS.  Would this be included in the new plan?

Here are my old plan details from looking at self service $39:

• Shock-free Data 30GB
  • 911 Emergency Access Tax
  • Canadian LD Rate
  • PPU Call Forward Toll
  • Pay Per Use LD Caribbean
  • Can - US LD $0.80/ min
  • 4G Speed (Up to 100 Mbps)
  • Unlimited Canadian LD
  • BlackBerry APN Access
  • Free incoming roaming SMS
  • Additional data $13/100MB SFD
  • Unlimited MMS (incoming and outgoing)
  • Unlimited SMS (incoming and outgoing)
  • Text Messaging Services
  • Koodo Data & SMS Rates

Perks:

One included at no extra charge

• $0 Unlimited International SMS and MMS

Here are the new plan details from looking at self service $40 but $35 with autopay:

• Includes discount of $5/mo. when you set up auto-pay

• 65 GB of Shock-Free Data at 4G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
  • Call Display+
  • Voicemail
  • Call Waiting and Conference Calling
  • Additional data $13/100 MB

Pick 1 FREE Perk

Perk options:

• Premium Voicemail
  • Unlimited International SMS (from Canada)

Question 3: 
Are there any down sides to me choosing this new plan that I am not aware of ?

Hi @Gogoretro 

If you change the plan in the middle of the billing cycle, a proration will indeed apply and you will get a prorated amount of data to use from the new plan, until the end of the current billing cycle, More about proration can be found here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/proration?srsltid=AfmBOoqxtVs1Xg0Os9iLl2K7NmA5p4APzOvK71L_HvE557j1w79XZeGe

If you change to a plan that is eligible for autopay discount, the discount will start applying with your next bill and will continue applying each month as long as you maintain a pre-authorized payment method enabled.

The new plan you shared above does include Canada wide SMS and MMS.

Hi @Gogoretro 

If you change the plan in the middle of the billing cycle, a proration will indeed apply and you will get a prorated amount of data to use from the new plan, until the end of the current billing cycle, More about proration can be found here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/proration?srsltid=AfmBOoqxtVs1Xg0Os9iLl2K7NmA5p4APzOvK71L_HvE557j1w79XZeGe

If you change to a plan that is eligible for autopay discount, the discount will start applying with your next bill and will continue applying each month as long as you maintain a pre-authorized payment method enabled.

The new plan you shared above does include Canada wide SMS and MMS.

@Flo Koodo 

Thank you ….I went through and updated 4 accounts. I still have a question. When I went through the plan change the first screen presented to me was the Perk. It already had the perk of Unlimited International SMS selected.

However on the confirmation page to Submit Changes it said “No Perks selected”. I did submit the page and when I look at Mobile Services in self service for each account it does have the perk of Unlimited SMS there selected.

Hi @Gogoretro 

We can take a look on our end to see if the perks are properly added on your lines, however we’d need you to log into your community account using the “Log in via self serve” option in the community login page, so we can access the details on our end. 

@Flo Koodo Sorry for taking so long to reply here. I did not see this message until now. I checked self service  under Mobile services and the perk is on there.

• Additional discount of $5/mo. when you set up auto-pay
  • 65 GB of Shock-Free Data at 4G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
  • Call Display+
  • Voicemail
  • Call Waiting and Conference Calling
  • Additional data $13/100 MB
  • Unlimited Canada-wide messaging (text & picture)*

Perks: One included at no extra charge

• Unlimited International SMS and MMS