Koodo Community
Question

paying monthly for a tablet i don't want

• 5 April 2024
  • 7 replies

is there any way to return or atleast cancel a plan for a tablet?, I'm paying monthly for the bonus balance, i don't pay anything for it monthly apart from the bonus balance but i never use it and it has its own phone number, is there any way to end the contract, even if i have to return it I'm ok with that, i just don't want to pay for something I'm not using

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you sign up?

Did you get a free tablet as part of signing up for the tablet plan?  Can you login to self serve to see if you have a tab or tab bonus for that line?

it was a loyalty thing, and i have no tab owed but i do still have a tab bonus

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is the tab bonus for the tablet?

How much is remaining on the Tab Bonus?  When did you sign up for the tablet?

What do you mean it was a loyalty thing?  Is there no plan cost?

yes the tab bonus is for the tablet, its about 300 left, i don't remember exactly but it was roughly a month or 2 ago, and exactly, there's no plan cost, just the bonus

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If there is no plan cost and no tab cost, then why not just keep it? 

The refund period is 30 days for online orders. 

Now if you cancel the free plan, you will need to pay back the tab bonus amount 

because I'm paying the tab bonus amount monthly, and i don't want to be, and i don't use the tablet, and unfortunately I'm pretty sure I'm just passed the refund period

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The tab bonus is not money that gets paid. It is a amount that gets reduced over time. Basically it is a promo discount that gets reduced over 24 Months so you can't get a device with a big promo (like a free phone) and then Leave.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/Tab-bonus