Koodo Community
Question

New customer

• 3 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello, I would like to connect a plan for 35$ per month. When filling the form I need to enter the social insurance number. I am not a canadian citizen and I do not have it. What I have to do? Could I connect this plan online?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello, I would like to connect a plan for 35$ per month. When filling the form I need to enter the social insurance number. I am not a canadian citizen and I do not have it. What I have to do? Could I connect this plan online?

Do you have a Canadian driver’s licence? You can use that instead of the SIN number for the credit check. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/credit-check-requirements

It should be noted that you need a Canadian credit card to get a plan online as well. Otherwise, you need to either get a postpaid plan at your nearest Koodo store or get a prepaid plan online instead. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are a permanent resident, you have a SIN number. If you are a guest in Canada (welcome!), then your only option is prepaid, as Milkyway pointed out.

I would suggest you'd look into Public Mobile if that is the case, they have some great offers currently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you are trying to order online, is the SIN number mandatory? 

If so and you have the other required ID then you may need to sign up instore