Koodo Community
Question

My phone support 4G LTE but not VoLTE, am I able to roam in US after 1st July 2022?

• 29 June 2022
  • 3 replies

This morning I received a message from Koodo:  You are currently using a 3G phone that connects to 3G networks. This means you’ll no longer be able to use data, text or make phone calls- including 911 when roming in the U.S.

But I am pretty sure that my mobile supports 4G LTE, it is just not supporting VoLTE (because I can’t see such option in the data network setting, and my mobile model is also not in the VoLTE list).

And what is mentioned in koodo webiste: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/3gshutdownUS

is confusing, from the information provided there I am not sure if I can roam in US with 4G LTE but without VoLTE.  Does any body know the answer? Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone do you have exactly?

What phone do you have exactly?

HWAWEI Mate 9, Model Number MHA-AL00

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

is confusing, from the information provided there I am not sure if I can roam in US with 4G LTE but without VoLTE.  Does any body know the answer? Thanks

From the link, what they are saying is you could use “data” LTE normally while roaming in US. However, you couldn’t make/receive call if your device wasn’t on the VoLTE list .