Koodo Community
Question

Motorola G7 WiFi calling won't connect to WiFi

• 22 April 2024
  • 6 replies

I recently signed up with Koodoo. I activated the WiFi callilng . When I try to place a call through WiFi on my Motorola G7 play I get the following error message “ Mobile network is not available, Connect to a wireless network to make a call” . The first part is correct, a mobile network is not available, but the second part isn’t . I am connected to a wireless network… the router is five feet from the phone. I have tried resetting the network settings, reseating  the SIM card, checked software up to date ( Android 10).

So far NADA… Any help would be much appreciated.

tnx

Mike

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you setup wifi calling with a working cellular signal first before trying to use it where there is no cellular signal? Are you on postpaid or prepaid?

The closest cell tower is about 30km away. I drove to where I had cell service, then activated WiFi calling by entering the security code that was texted to me.  So , yes, it was set up .

I pay monthly ($40). with 20gb data.

tnx

Mike

Well I get that your phone has the feature of WIFI calling but I suggest you just stick to VoLTE or 3G calling, depending on a router for calls isn’t the best idea since each router handles this differently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When looking at your phone settings, it wifi calling still enabled?

Yes, WiFi calling is still enabled.

I would use the cellular network at home if it was available , but it definitely is not.

The main driving force is being able to get text messages at home when there is no mobile network available . More and more banks etc use text messages to send security codes which I can’t receive at present.

tnx

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’d suggest a callback for technical support ticket to be opened. It seems that you’ve set it up properly. It’s supposed to automatically go to wifi calling once you’ve lost reception.