Koodo Community
Question

Koodo incorrectly charged us for 2 days of roaming.

• 30 September 2022
  • 3 replies

We are currently visiting in the US.  Before entering the US, we turned off our cellular data and roaming and  we have not texted or called or checked voice messages.  I tried the Koodo Chat assistant and it doesn't understand what I need help with.  I requested a callback, but the response is that they don’t make international calls.  So how do I get this rectified?  We’ll be here in the US for a bit longer.  How can I avoid having this happen again.  Does Koodo just randomly tack on roaming charges for no reason?  

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you said you turned off roaming, you meant you turned off data roaming? Did you connect to any network in US?

Also, could you log into self serve and check usage and see which event triggered roaming fee. I assumed you were a postpaid customer with easyroam on?

Hi Dinh…..yes, my husband and I are on the same account, and we have the prepaid easy roam.  We have iPhones.  Before we crossed the border, we turned off Cellular Data.  We also turned off data roam.  Under the Cellular Setting it shows Network Selection is AT&T.  When I try to uncheck Automatic it lists 5 different Networks, all of them American.  Koodo is not one of the choices….it defaults to AT&T.  But it’s turned off.  My husband says he did made a call by accident but hung up on the first ring.  Do roaming charges apply even in that case?  Also, he apparently checked his voice mail too, not realizing this activated another $11 charge. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If no one picks up it shouldnt charge roaming, unless he hung up just as someone picked up.

Yes calling voicemail triggers roaming.  If these are the charges, then it may indeed be legitimate roaming charges.

Did you get your detailed pdf ebill with the roaming charges on there?  Is it just the 2 days of accidental roaming that was charged?

Easy roam is only triggered by data use, sending a text, or any talk time.