Koodo Community
Question

Koodo E Sim Failed, No email with agreement, no ping for self serve etc, etc

• 10 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I went to koodo today to port my telus number over and start a koodo plan with a new phone.

my telus plan was a simple talk and text, no data as i was using a company phone mostly. i went to koodo to get a new plan with data.

I recieved the text from telus asking if i agreed to port the number. i replied yes.

Then i recieved a text from koodo saying welcome to koodo. At this point i havent even activated my koodo esim yet.

i take my new phone home and begin to activate the esim. the activation failed.

according to my phone i am still on telus and still have no data.

as well as this, the rep said i would get an email with my agreement papers. i did not receive an email. despite repeating my email numerous times to the rep and even having to look over his shoulder to make sure he was spelling my fairly simple email correctly.

I was also told i would receive some sort of communication about signing up to koodo self serve with the pin i created while signing up for the new plan. i did not receive anything for this either. which means i cant actually sign into koodo self serve and request  a call back from a rep.

What needs to be done to solve this? If i have to go back to the store to get this resolved i will return everything and go elsewhere. customer service is completely atrocious and unfulfilling every and anywhere i go these days.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you checked your junk/spam email to see if anything was sent there? If you didn't receive anything,there was a chance that the email was entered wrongly. 

Regarding the eSIM ,when you activate it, did you have wifi connection for the SIM to activate? I recommend you go back to store and ask them to activate it for you, instead of doing it yourself. They might also be able to fix the email problem.