Koodo Community
Question

Issue with Promo Code

I received an SMS from Koodo with a promo code receive Stream+ for just $10/month for being a Koodo Mobility customer. However, when I follow the instructions and add the promo code at checkout, I get the following message:

“The promo code can't be applied to the item you’ve selected.”

If someone could assist me, that would be great!

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @acourt 

Which version of Stream+ are you trying to add? 

Are you already logged into your self serve account when you try to sign up for Stream+?

Can you pls share a screenshot of where you get this error? it helps us narrow down where the issue maybe.

Hi @Flo Koodo - I am trying to add the Stream+ Basic (although when that didn’t work I also tried Stream+ Premium and got the same result. I am logged into my self serve account when trying this. Below is a screenshot (just blocked out my personal details):

I appreciate your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you for the screenshot!

If you clear cache and cookies  in your browser or try in incognito, are you getting the same message for the promo code?

Hi @Flo Koodo - I have tried with a cleared cache as well as Incognito and in a different browser, and I still get the same message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@acourt 

Thank you!

Can you please try again and let us know if the promo code works?

@Flo Koodo I have tried it again (using multiple browsers and clearing the cache) and am still receiving the same error message

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Got it!

Will you please try moving to the next screen without entering the promo code in the screen you shared above and let us know if there is any field there where you can enter the promo code? 

If possible, please take a screenshot and share it with us (please mask any personal info)

Hi @Flo Koodo:

I continued to the next screen, and the promo code box is still there (on the left side) but it still does not accept the code:

When I continued to Review Order, the box was also there for the promo code, but again, the same message:

Is there any solution to this problem? I received the text for the code last week. This week I received the email with the code again STREAMSPECIALKM24 but continue receiving the same error...

@Gingavitus nope, I reached out to Koodo on Twitter earlier this week, and they told me to go through the process and that the system would detect that I should be getting the $10 off promotion - so I did, and it charged me $20 because again, the promo code didn’t work (I was even logged in, so that should have ONLY been $15 without the code!) - now I need to wait for their team to approve my refund before they say I can “try again next month” with the promo code… 

Meanwhile I just got the exact same code emailed to me this time, and it seems like the issue has still not been resolved

@Gingavitus nope, I reached out to Koodo on Twitter earlier this week, and they told me to go through the process and that the system would detect that I should be getting the $10 off promotion - so I did, and it charged me $20 because again, the promo code didn’t work (I was even logged in, so that should have ONLY been $15 without the code!) - now I need to wait for their team to approve my refund before they say I can “try again next month” with the promo code… 

Meanwhile I just got the exact same code emailed to me this time, and it seems like the issue has still not been resolved

This is exactly my issue! I am signed in and only see  $20 and $38 options. Not even $5 off at 15/month.  It is like the site does not recognize I have a service with Koodo.

@Flo Koodo 

Hello, any update on this issue? I would really like to sign up for this promotion…

Last night I used the Callback feature online.  I got a callback today and I asked the rep if they can unlink my self service account.  I just re-registered online and am still getting the exact same error as @acourt 

The site is not recognizing I have a service with Koodo it seems. Even the ongoing $5 off deal for having a Koodo service does not register when checking out.  We see the full price for Stream+

Thanks for anything you can do!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gingavitus 

Sorry for the late reply here!

Our support team is currently investigating the situation where the discounted price is not visible when you are logged into self serve and we expect a resolution in the upcoming days.

We recommend trying again in the next 2 days.

Thank you for your patience and understanding! 

Hi @Gingavitus 

Our support team is currently investigating the situation where the discounted price is not visible when you are logged into self serve and we expect a resolution in the upcoming days.

OK, hopefully it will be corrected. Thank you

Hi @Gingavitus 

OK, hopefully it will be corrected. Thank you

@Flo Koodo  Unfortunately the code still does not work. 

@Gingavitus if you try it now it may work - it shows up on mine when I am logged in. Of course, their support told me back in March to try purchasing it WITHOUT the promo code and it would automatically detect that I was eligible and would receive the promotion, but nope, it charged me the full $20 and now I have been going back and forth on a refund for almost a month that 4 employees have told me is “in progress” but now today they tell me Koodo can’t actually give me a refund because they payment doesn’t go to Koodo, it goes to the streaming services directly… so tread carefully they’ll probably give you the run-around if you have any issues with it.

@acourt Sorry to hear the troubles you are going thru. 

I have given up. Still will not work and no one to knows how to correct this issue.