Koodo Community
Question

International: As a tele-worker working abroad Canada-USA from various countries: what would be the best (cheapest) deal with koodo for incoming (only) SMS around the world ?

• 25 June 2022
  • 2 replies

I am about to leave the Canada to travel to central and south america during 4-6 months. After, I want to go to Asia (vietnam, thailand, singapour,..) for about 4-6 months.

I would like to find the best deal to be able to receive incoming SMS from around the world for authentification.

Thank you !

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There were some comments on the last post your made here:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Nicolas Couture Bordeleau - Technically, you can receive incoming SMS while roaming with any of our postpaid plans free of charge. You’ll only be charged the moment you reply to a text, make or receive a phone call OR use any amount of data. 

The good thing about Easy Roam is that you can pretty much go through your entire trip without using it once BUT it’s there if ever you’re in a bind and need to use it. You would be charged for Easy Roam on that one day and that’s it. 

Take a look at the following article to learn how you would be charged while roaming and how to prevent unwanted charges. Example: It’s important to turn Data and Data Roaming off to make sure you don’t have any data leakage.