Koodo Community
Question

Inaccurate Data Tracking and Billing Issues

• 19 August 2022
  • 8 replies

For the past 2 months, I’ve received notifications from Kodoo saying that I’ve used 90% of my 10g of data per month plan. However, my phone’s setting say that I’ve used SIGNIFICANTLY less data as seen in the screenshot below. 

I received a callback from customer service and they were unable to help. On Koodos side they see that I’ve used all of my data, and they can’t investigate the sources.

Is my phone detective, or is there an issue with Koodo?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is your billing cycle and you phone's data cycle match?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For the past 2 months, I’ve received notifications from Kodoo saying that I’ve used 90% of my 10g of data per month plan. However, my phone’s setting say that I’ve used SIGNIFICANTLY less data as seen in the screenshot below. 

I received a callback from customer service and they were unable to help. On Koodos side they see that I’ve used all of my data, and they can’t investigate the sources.

Can you provide a screenshot of your bill showing the data usage for the month? Make sure to remove any personal details, as this is a public forum. 

Is your billing cycle and you phone's data cycle match?

I don’t think I can set to track my data on the same cycle as my billing... However, this is a screenshot of my data usage for “Last Month”. So for almost 2 months I’ve used a total of 5.78G of data. I cropped out the apps used for privacy btw.

Can you provide a screenshot of your bill showing the data usage for the month? Make sure to remove any personal details, as this is a public forum. 

My billing cycle starts on the 22nd. You can see that on Koodo’s side of things, their records show that I do use all of my data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Rashaun - You should be able to change the usage bill cycle somewhere in the settings. Maybe on the previous screen? What phone do you have?

FYI - Your bill cycle is from the 22nd to 21st of every month which means your data will reset on Monday :) 

@Rashaun - You should be able to change the usage bill cycle somewhere in the settings. Maybe on the previous screen? What phone do you have?

FYI - Your bill cycle is from the 22nd to 21st of every month which means your data will reset on Monday :) 

I changed it here. I own a F3 Pocophone. Yes, I know that my data is resetting monday. My concern is that I paid for 1G of data this month since I hit my cap before my reset date, and I feel like I am either being mislead by a defective phone, or there is an issue on Koodos’ end of things. 

I do not trust the Koodo system.  My data gets used up far more than it should.  I get a bigger plan and it still gets used up.  I am NOT using that much data. There is something fishy going on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m not too familiar with the F3 Poco phone. I would start by looking if the phone has any known data usage monitoring issues.

It’s normal for the Self Serve data usage and phone usage to differ slightly. What we have in our system is the actual amount of data received by the phone. 

By any chance, do you have a spare phone around the house you use to test out the data usage accuracy?