Koodo Community
Question

I have two phones and wish to have the same phone plan for both phones

The “change my plan” offers are different for each phone. I want the SAME PLAN for both phones. Why can I not get this?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Plans that are offered are based on a number of factors such as tenure, usage, price point of your current plan, etc.

What plan(s) are each phone on right now and which did you want to switch them to?

Thank you for the reply. Here are the two plans:

Phone A; $30/mo

• 100 MB of Shock-Free Data
  • 100 minutes
  • Call Display
  • Voicemail
  • Call Waiting
  • Conference Calling and Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling*
  • Additional data $13/100 MB
  • Unlimited international messaging (text & picture)*

Phone B: $32/mo

• Pay-per-use data
  • Unlimited minutes
  • Call Display
  • Voicemail
  • Call Waiting and Conference Calling
  • Additional data $13/100 MB
  • Unlimited messaging (text & picture)*

Basically, I just want DATA for both phones

FOR EACH PHONE I wish to have the plan that is only offered to Phone B --  $34/mo w 50GB Data

… ends here

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately the $34 plan is not available as a plan change.  I suggest requesting a callback and see if a rep can give you a better option

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

That is precisely the plan that I want and it is offered on ONE of my phones. I followed the link but still cannot figure out how to  request a callback. Also, i read that there is a charge for making a change with a rep (vs using self-serve).

Please advise how I am to proceed., i.e. how to arrange a callback and how to avoid the charge.

Would it be acceptable to cancel one phone (or even both phones) and re-apply as a “new” customer in order to access the deal you highlighted?

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is precisely the plan that I want and it is offered on ONE of my phones. I followed the link but still cannot figure out how to  request a callback. Also, i read that there is a charge for making a change with a rep (vs using self-serve).

Please advise how I am to proceed., i.e. how to arrange a callback and how to avoid the charge.

Would it be acceptable to cancel one phone (or even both phones) and re-apply as a “new” customer in order to access the deal you highlighted?

Thanks in advance.

Because the $34 plan is for new customer. And if you switch your current plan to the plan you are not eligible, then there will be a charge.

You can cancel your current plan and open up a new account. But your current number can not be transferred to the new line. If you are ok to get new number, then it works.

Well, I had hoped there would be a way to change to a plan that I liked without having to get a new account with a new phone number, but obviously it is not that simple.

If I have to get a new number, then I ‘d be better off to go with a different service provider altogether and get a plan I like.

What a shame that loyalty counts for nothing.

Thank you for all the help. It is very much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You’ll need to schedule a callback using the Koodo's Digital Asistant : koodo.com/chat. By describing your issue, you’ll get to request a callback.

Robert T,

I tried the Digital Assistant and I am sure you know it is AI and does NOT understand what I want. It keeps me going around in circles. There is no way I can see to get the opportunity for a callback.

I have explored that route several times before and it is a frustrating experience with no satisfactory result..

Thank you for trying.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's not AI. Calling it an AI is too generous. It is a basic chat bot. 

Just ask for a callback.

Within koodo assist click monthly plan. Then sign in. Then say callback.

Dennis,

OK, a basic chat bot. I guess I just embarrassed myself by revealing how little I know about all of that. And I did not know you could just ask for a callback. I’ll give that a try.

Thank you for showing me the way.

amdi.

To Dennis, Robert T., and Mayumi,

Just wanted you folks to know that I broke down and requested a callback. A very nice gentleman named Ivan called me today and we were able to make the changes I wanted. Actually, I changed the plan for one phone using self serve, on Ivan’s advice, since the desired plan option was offered on that phone. I was advised that the same plan could be applied to the second phone on Apr 21, the date my “contract” officially ends. ( i had purchased that phone on the tab).

Ivan promised to call me on Apr 22 to apply the same plan to the second phone, which is what I wanted. So after Apr 22 I should have everything I was after. The best part is that there is NO CHARGE for the phone call with Ivan. Hooray.

Thanks to all of you for your kind support,

amdi.