Koodo Community
Solved

Home # to Cell phone

Can I transfer my landline # to my cell phone? I can’t find anything on the site about this. If so how do I go about doing it? 

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 25 April 2022, 01:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can I transfer my landline # to my cell phone? I can’t find anything on the site about this. If so how do I go about doing it? 

You can definitely do that. Note that it will take a longer time to port a landline number to Koodo. When you receive the SIM card, you can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to initiate the process. Make sure you do not cancel your landline. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

Thank you for the quick reply. I really don’t mean to appear stupid, but I do not really understand. I have a SIM card in my phone from Koodo. If I transfer my landline, does it mean I need a new one? I find Koodo’s web site very hard to navigate to find what I want. Can I do all this at a Koodo kiosk, if I can find one around where I live?

Thanks so much!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you for the quick reply. I really don’t mean to appear stupid, but I do not really understand. I have a SIM card in my phone from Koodo. If I transfer my landline, does it mean I need a new one? I find Koodo’s web site very hard to navigate to find what I want. Can I do all this at a Koodo kiosk, if I can find one around where I live?

Thanks so much!!

You do not need a new SIM card. All you need to do is to initiate the port transfer to your Koodo account by scheduling a callback through Koodo Assist. You can normally do this on the Self-Serve portal from mobile to mobile, but landline to mobile has a different process. Simply type “Schedule a callback” in the chat box to choose an available time. https://Koo.do/Chat 

Just a note of caution: Do not cancel your landline before porting into Koodo or else you will lose your number. Your existing line will be cancelled once it successfully ports over. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Another word of caution: you will lose your cell number when you port over your landline number. That might not be an issue for you, but just be aware that if you want to import your number, you will have to give up the cell number.

Thank you Sophia. I’m not worried about that. I rarely even remember my cell #. I don’t call me...;-) I’ve had my landline for 42 years, so I would like to keep it if I can. I lost my job over a year ago. Haven’t found a new one, so looking to cut expenses as much as I can.

What would the community recommend for a plan. I don’t care about the Internet on my phone. I currently have 60 min. calling a month, no long distance. I do make a good deal of calls, more than I receive, generally. Can anyone advice as to what might be a good place to start and any ideas on cost?

Thank you again Milkyway. I just do not understand the process at all. I think I might be better to find a kiosk and have them explain things, or set them up for me. I’m not a techie by any stretch...;-) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you use the internet on your cellphone?

No I don’t Sophia. I only use it to make calls and text. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Right, in that case I would actually recommend prepaid. For example Public Mobile has a plan that costs $15/month and had unlimited incoming minutes. You get 100 outgoing minutes and overage is $0.01/min.

You do need to be somewhat tech savvy though because they don't have kiosks or even a number to call, but you can't beat the price.

Edit: Koodo had a prepaid plan with unlimited minutes for $25, if you want to call more than that. They can set that up in store for you, I believe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you again Milkyway. I just do not understand the process at all. I think I might be better to find a kiosk and have them explain things, or set them up for me. I’m not a techie by any stretch...;-) 

I agree with Sophia and suggest you look into one of the prepaid plans offered by Koodo. You can visit this link for further details. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/prepaid-plans

Note that you do not need to visit your nearest Koodo store. If you have a Walmart store or another big-box retailer near you, visit there and a rep can help you out. 

That sounds like a great plan. I’m just not tech savvy, at least not anymore. Things have gone way beyond my abilities. I will have to think about all this. But I thank you very much for all the info and help Sophia! 

I agree with Sophia and suggest you look into one of the prepaid plans offered by Koodo. You can visit this link for further details. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/prepaid-plans

Note that you do not need to visit your nearest Koodo store. If you have a Walmart store or another big-box retailer near you, visit there and a rep can help you out. 

They have a Koodo in Walmart? I thought they only had small kiosk’s in malls and such. I just don’t want to have to go anywhere to keep up a pre-paid plan. Honestly, as I said, Koodo’s web site is very unfriendly, to me. It’s not easy to navigate to find what you want. I know you have given me the links, but the double talk just confuses me. 

Thank you so much for your help and suggestions. It does help. I will just have to figure out what I want to do about all this. Have a good week!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They have a Koodo in Walmart? I thought they only had small kiosk’s in malls and such. I just don’t want to have to go anywhere to keep up a pre-paid plan. Honestly, as I said, Koodo’s web site is very unfriendly, to me. It’s not easy to navigate to find what you want. I know you have given me the links, but the double talk just confuses me. 

Thank you so much for your help and suggestions. It does help. I will just have to figure out what I want to do about all this. Have a good week!

There is no Koodo kiosk in Walmart, but they do have a wireless department where one of the reps there can help you go through the plan options and set up an account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Right and as for keeping up payments, it's as easy as adding a credit card to your account and setting up automatic payments. You can basically set it and forget it.

What I suggest is setting up a prepaid account first with a random number. One that is done and works, port in your landline. And then when you're all set, you can cancel your current cell plan.

There is no Koodo kiosk in Walmart, but they do have a wireless department where one of the reps there can help you go through the plan options and set up an account. 

Thank you very much.  Good to know. There is a Walmart not all that far from me. I may check it out. I just hate to change SIM cards and pay again. Oh well, could be worse, I’d have to change phones. Can’t afford that right now.

Right and as for keeping up payments, it's as easy as adding a credit card to your account and setting up automatic payments. You can basically set it and forget it.

What I suggest is setting up a prepaid account first with a random number. One that is done and works, port in your landline. And then when you're all set, you can cancel your current cell plan.

That would be much easier. I do that with my Presto card. Thank you so much for all the info. It’s been a huge help. Both of you have really gone above and beyond, thank you!! Have a good week!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just as a heads up, once you do port your landline number to koodo there will be a 2-3 day period during which incoming calls are still routed to the landline while outgoing calls can be made from the cellphone. Keep the landline phone plugged in until the port is complete so you still get incoming calls in the interim.

Just as a heads up, once you do port your landline number to koodo there will be a 2-3 day period during which incoming calls are still routed to the landline while outgoing calls can be made from the cellphone. Keep the landline phone plugged in until the port is complete so you still get incoming calls in the interim.

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated. Have a good week!