Koodo Community
Question

Helping a friend sign up for Koodo Prepaid

• 29 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

I have been trying to help a friend sign up for Koodo.  Everything goes well right through the order process but between 4 and 24 hours later he gets an email saying:

We hope you’re doing well.  We regret to inform you that we couldn’t process your order, because we were unable to validate some of your credit file information.  For this reason, your order has been cancelled.  Blah, blah, blah.

This has happened 3 times with 3 different cards.  It’s driving me nuts and am tempted to tell him Koodo isn’t going to work and he should just go with a different provider, but he’s really looking forward to getting a cheap, like new open box phone with his plan.

Please help.

EDIT:  I meant monthly, not prepaid.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Make sure the address on the credit card is a Canadian card and matches the one you are giving Koodo… that is usually the reason it won’t work.

Userlevel 2

Make sure the address on the credit card is a Canadian card and matches the one you are giving Koodo… that is usually the reason it won’t work.

He’s been living in BC and the same town and the same house for the last 15 years at least.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In that case, I suggest he either schedule a callback to set up a plan, or visit a Koodo store… since it won’t work online.