Koodo Community
Question

Frustrated with Customer Service

• 20 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, folks.  First time posting.  A couple of days ago I switched from the $15 account to a $30 with 1gig 3G, plus 2 more gig when I authorized automatic payments.  This was done through a customer service callback.  3G was way to slow for my needs so I scheduled another callback to switch to the $35 with 1gig of 4G and 2gig more with automatic payment, and this time got a CSR who was ridiculously rude.  I was immediately charged the full fee even though it had been only a day since last changing accounts.  Still, I was assured that yes, now I had a monthly account with 3gig of 4G per month.  Turns out nothing has changed on my account.  Still on prepaid, $30, 3gig at 3G.  I’m getting so frustrated with this nonsense.  It shouldn’t be so hard to upgrade one’s account.  Now I have no choice but to schedule another callback and waste more time sitting around waiting for them to call, hoping this time it will work.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You technically could change your plan with your prepaid selfserve. If possible, could you log into your selfserve at https://prepaidselfserve.koodomobile.com to see which plan are you on?

Also, when you asked a rep to change your plan, did you receive any text or email to confirm the change? I wonder there was miscommunication between you and the rep.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't understand why you call in to switch your prepaid plan. You can do it by yourself through self serve as Dinh said.

Also, every time you change your plan, your 30 days starts as soon as you switch to a new plan. It means you forfeit you current plan.

That's explains "  I was immediately charged the full fee even though it had been only a day since last changing accounts. ".   It would be nice if the rep could apply a new plan as if you picked a wrong plan it's because bof one day use.  (But, they don't have to.)

If you call them again to change your plan, explain what is going on, then hopefully they can help you switch your plan to proper plan.

Userlevel 1

You technically could change your plan with your prepaid selfserve. If possible, could you log into your selfserve at https://prepaidselfserve.koodomobile.com to see which plan are you on?

Also, when you asked a rep to change your plan, did you receive any text or email to confirm the change? I wonder there was miscommunication between you and the rep.

Yes, I know what plan I have, and stated so, Dinh.  $30/month with 3gig of 3G.  I used a callback because in the past things I’ve done on the site itself didn’t take and had to get a callback anyway to sort it.

No, no texts, no emails, nothing.

Userlevel 1

That's explains "  I was immediately charged the full fee even though it had been only a day since last changing accounts. ".   It would be nice if the rep could apply a new plan as if you picked a wrong plan it's because bof one day use.  (But, they don't have to.)

If you call them again to change your plan, explain what is going on, then hopefully they can help you switch your plan to proper plan.

No it doesn’t, Mayumi.  It looks to me that you didn’t read my whole post, because what you are telling me to do is exactly what I tried to do yesterday:  upgrade my account to $35/month with 3gig at 4G, and automatic payment.

Userlevel 1

And now it looks like they sorted it overnight.  I’m now on the plan I was asking for.