Koodo Community
Solved

Error 8, can't receive text messages while in UK

• 19 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi, I have easyroam international and all the things activated, data is working and text messages are incoming but I get Error 8 when I try to send texts. I've restarted and rebooted my phone and status same, no texts go out. Agree with other customer why is there no documentation on Error 8?! @Koodo please help! 

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 20 September 2022, 06:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi, I have easyroam international and all the things activated, data is working and text messages are incoming but I get Error 8 when I try to send texts. I've restarted and rebooted my phone and status same, no texts go out. Agree with other customer why is there no documentation on Error 8?! @Koodo please help! 

Did you include all of the international roaming add-ons to your Self-Serve account? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Meteoguide Can you pls power off your phone, wait 60 seconds and turn it back on. We have remotely refreshed one connection and it may help solve the issue. Pls let us know if it worked.  Safe travels!

@Bernard Koodo that worked..... But now I'm not able to receive texts?!   I'm testing by sending myself a text and that even didn't go through.  Can you flip all switches please I don't know what I can do on this end. It means I am not receiving verifications from my bank and other important texts. Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you try to select another roaming carrier in the carrier selection settings? There might be some issue with the local carrier also.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Meteoguide There are no other switches to flip. :-(  Pls bear in mind service is dependent on the local carriers’ network quality which we have no control over. As per @Dinh switching between carriers may solve the issue. 

Thanks, I only had the choice of Vodafone in my original location where service was clearly not good but when I moved to a different city I could access the EE network which has been working fine. Thanks @Bernard Koodo and others! I'm relocating again and will see how it goes in the new cities.