Koodo Community
Solved

Error 8

• 28 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi, I am in Europe for my vacation but my roaming is not working properly.  I am in the local network but I cannot send a text message, it's saying error 8, what does that means?

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 30 August 2022, 17:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you using easy roam? 

Does calling or data work? 

Are you able to manually select a different roaming carrier in your network settings? 

Everything is working just cannot send a message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try roaming with another carrier. It may be an issue with the carrier you’re currently on. 

Nope. I tried all 3 and still not working

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try your sim in a travel mate's phone and see if texting works

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there, @Paula 84  We have looked into your account, and you don’t have all the roaming add-ons added to your account, That is why you are not able to roam. You will need to add them in your Sefl serve.. It should fix your issue right away. 

Here are two helpful articles: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If all the roaming add-ons are not on the account could the OP use roaming data or calling with only texting not working? @Boa_Guy Koodo 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great question @Denis !! OP has Voice Roaming active on the account.. Nothing else, Missing Easy Roam International and US, Also missing DATA Roaming.  There is no DATA or Voice call made at all. So if OP used DATA it was over WIFI.  Edit: OP would at least need DATA Roaming and Voice Roaming to be able to roam PPU. 

Hope this helps.