Koodo Community
Question

easy roam turned on without usage, then double charged me with payper user roaming

• 1 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I'm traveling and I have turned off data roaming on my phone, yet easy roam is turned on without any usage. I then went to koodo's website and removed easy roam ad-on from my account, (I started using roam since I already paid for it) then I got a text noticing me that I accumulated over $25 pay per use roam charges????? I already paid for easy roam then double change me that makes no sense, please remove the pay per use roam charge

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

I have since turned off data, and will switch to local sim as soon as I can. I find it ridiculous that koodo would charge you for pay per use roaming when you already purchased easy roam (yes its on the same day within 30minutes)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's because you removed the add-on. 

Roaming is triggered when you send a text, use any talk or data.

At least one of those is happening if you are still being charged for roaming. 

I know that's why it happened but they can't charge me when I already paid for the easy roam for the day, I should still have the service just discontinue it after it finishes. It's like when you cancel any membership, you still have the time left that you paid for. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is not how the system works.  It is immediate.  I suggest you contact Koodo when you get back to Canada and the charges have settled and a rep can look into the charges once your pdf ebill has been generated.

In the mean time if you intend to continue to roam, I suggest re-adding Easy Roam.  If not, then make sure you know how roaming works to prevent any accidental roaming charges.