Koodo Community
Question

data roaming not working when overseas in Australia

• 13 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I am currently in Australia and according to my plan have international easy roam enabled for my plan. However, I have not been able to connect to a network automatically, manually, and have tried all the troubleshooting advice given on the Koodo forum. My phone shows ‘SOS’ and is still unable to connect. Please assist in resolving this issue as I am unable to call a Koodo rep to figure this out.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @shakirahudge 

We have checked on our end and we can see the roaming services are provisioned correctly to your line.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps here?

Hi,

I have tried all steps detailed under trouble shooting and I still don’t have any connectivity. I continue to see ‘SOS’.

I am not sure what else I can do and really need roaming for my trip. Could there be anything else causing the issue?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you traveling with friend or family?

Can you insert your koodo sim into their phone to see if it works?

Also on your phone can you make sure your network is set to WCDMA/LTE/5G Auto.

When you try to manually select a network, what networks show up (not that scanning for networks takes a few minutes),

Hi Dennis,

I haven’t tried using another device yet with my sim.

I can confirm that under the cellular data options, voice and data are set to ‘LTE’.

When I manually scan for networks I see: Telstra mobile, Yes Optus and Vodaphone AU. I have tried selecting each network but none of them connect and I still see ‘SOS’.

It has been two weeks and I still am unable to connect to service.

Thanks again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Dennis,

I haven’t tried using another device yet with my sim.

I can confirm that under the cellular data options, voice and data are set to ‘LTE’.

When I manually scan for networks I see: Telstra mobile, Yes Optus and Vodaphone AU. I have tried selecting each network but none of them connect and I still see ‘SOS’.

It has been two weeks and I still am unable to connect to service.

Thanks again. 

Which phone are you using? Some phone wasn’t compatible with VoLTE network of the foreign carrier and my need a local 3G connection. Can you switch your network mode to Auto?

You could also visit a local wireless store in Australia and ask if your phone was compatible with them or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In self serve in your add-ons page, do you see the free international data roaming and International voice roaming add-ons there?