Skip to main content
Question

Data paused? But im on a huge plan!

I'm very confused.

I got a text from Koodo on July 15 saying they were rolling over my data and I have 81134MB of data until the next cycle.

Today I got a text saying I've  used 100% of my 1024MB plan and my data is paused. 

What is happening? Self serve is just trying to make me buy an addon.

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How much data is regularly in your plan?

As well, did you recently make any plan changes?

I have a 50GB unlimited account and I have not changed anything for a year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you checked to see if your data still works? Just wondering if the text that was sent was a glitch and you can still use it.

If not, I’ll flag a rep to take a look at your account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you check on self serve under usage, what do the Data usage circle graphic say?

My data usage says I've used 8.1/80.3GB. It still works. I just don't understand why I'm getting texts saying I've used 100% and under self serve it still says my data is paused, urging me to buy a booster.

I have a 50GB unlimited account and I have not changed anything for a year.

Sorry, It's a 40GB $50 plan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me Flag a rep for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Robert Emmerson 

We verified and the data was blocked because of the data top-up that was added on the 25’th.  The shock free data activates when top-ups are used 100% regardless if there is any other data left in the main plan., as they are usually added when the main and rollover data is consumed. 

The feature was used 100% on the 26’th and the block activated. 

I can see that there is still a lot of data left in your main plan + the rollover amount so I unblocked it with immediate effect. You should be able to continue to use it as normal and you will receive data notification based on that usage and blocked at 100% usage of the main data amount. 

It is recommended to reboot the device after this.

I'm more confused. What data top up? I did not top up any data. That was not me, or my account. My wife added a top up to her account, but that was another account and a different phone number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm more confused. What data top up? I did not top up any data. That was not me, or my account. My wife added a top up to her account, but that was another account and a different phone number.

You could check your self-serve to see if any topup was added to your account or not. I wonder if you/someone accidentally add the account to your account instead of your wife account.

Nope. If I look at my transaction history, all I see is invoices and payments, until today's adjustment. Zero top ups or anything else this year.

Looking deeper into billing history, there's some weird stuff on July 15. What is that? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Looking deeper into billing history, there's some weird stuff on July 15. What is that? 

We are customers like you are here. We don’t have access to your account. If possible, can you share a snapshot of it here? Hide all personal information before posting please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Robert Emmerson 

We have reviewed the details and identified a glitch, which led to the data to be blocked when you had enough data.

We see that you changed your plan in the meantime, please note this will be prorated untill the end of the current billing cycle.

You will see a credit for the $29 top up on next bill since it was a glitch on our system,

We are sorry for the inconvenience!