Koodo Community
Solved

data limit decreased after changing to a new plan

• 30 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone, 

I had 10 gb plan, Wednesday l changed for a 12 gb but the limit that appeared in my account was 4Gb. Yesterday l changed to a new offer, 15 gb, but still remains the 4gb in my account. My billing cycle finish next 5th August. My data consum till now is almost 4gb and l've been beginning to be charged for extra data use from yesterday. How l can modify that 4gb limit that stills appears in my account after changing plans?? 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Lola-vt 30 July 2022, 19:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you change your plan you get a prorated amount for the rest of the billing cycle.

Wed → 12GB: 10 days left, 12GB/30*10 = 4GB

Fri → 15GB: 8 days left, 15GB/30*8 = 4GB

You’ll get the full amount when your billing cycle resets on the 5th

Thank you Allan,

I understand your explanation but... l had a consum of 3gb or so by Wednesday with my plan of 10gb, that's meaning 6-7gb available. After changing plans l have less gigas available than before. Is it possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you Allan,

I understand your explanation but... l had a consum of 3gb or so by Wednesday with my plan of 10gb, that's meaning 6-7gb available. After changing plans l have less gigas available than before. Is it possible?

Yes, once you change your plan you don’t have access to the data of the old plan so the 6-7GB you had remaining is gone, and now you have access to the prorated amount of the new plan (4GB).

Thank you Allan for resolving my questions :)

Sorry Allan 

Thank you Allan,

Yes, once you change your plan you don’t have access to the data of the old plan so the 6-7GB you had remaining is gone, and now you have access to the prorated amount of the new plan (4GB).

But, l am not granted with 4gb until my new cycle, l'm beginning to be charged because my consum with my old plan has arrived today to 4gb. I will explain it better:

- Wednesday: plan 10gb / consumed 3.5 gb

- Wednesday: change to plan 12gb/ 4gb extra new plan granted?

- Friday: change to plan 15gb/ 4gb extra new plan granted?

- Saturday: data consum reach 4gb, l begin to be charged 

For your explanation l understand that l should have 4gb to be used from Friday to the end of the cycle not for the whole cycle, is this correct?