Koodo Community
Question

data cap changed on its own

• 4 February 2024
  • 5 replies

I was browsing my account back in December and noticed my data limit which was normally 5gb went up to 15gb with an asterisk beside it. I checked it again today and it's back down to 5gb. Anyone experience something like this?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It was likely a glitch. Koodo couldn’t change your plan without any notification (at least 30 day in your bill) or with your consent. 
Anyway, did you consume more than 5Gb when you saw 15gb of data?

I'm not sure but unlikely since I normally only get to my android 2 gig warning. That said I've been using a lot more this month and I have an offer for $4 more ($39) for 25gb but when I try to continue I just get the 3 circle loading animation endlessly

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm not sure but unlikely since I normally only get to my android 2 gig warning. That said I've been using a lot more this month and I have an offer for $4 more ($39) for 25gb but when I try to continue I just get the 3 circle loading animation endlessly

Was the $39 for 25GB showing up when you tried to change your plan in self-serve? If so, I recommend you try it after clear the cache of the web browser and try the incognito/invisible/private mode. As well, try to do it in their business hour. I think they sometimes had maintenance at night.

I'll try that. Really hoping the 4G speed limit isn't a lot worse than my old LTE+ speeds

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Pestilence11 

As @Dinh stated, this seems to be a visual issue where the plan was showing a different amount of data, but the correct plan is $35 5Gb.

If you still have issues with the change, please share a screenshot of the plan you are trying to switch to in self serve.