Koodo Community
Question

changing plans while in a tab

• 26 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3

I had a $65 plan but self serve let me switch to a $55 plan. My understanding was $60 was the minimum for tab mid/plus. If I already have a tab obviously that is still there. But am I now limited in the future to only tab basic options? 

Our other line got a tab on a $55 plan last week too which is below the $60 stated. 

So I guess I’m also asking what dictates the tab you can get in the plan you currently have and where can you see that as self serve doesn’t specify the tab allowed with the plan when you switch plans. 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Their “official” policy requires a plan of $60 or above to get the Tab medium/plus. However, that policy can fluctuate depending on their pricing strategy. 
As of now, if you would like the $55 while you are having a Tab, then you could do it in selfserve. 

Userlevel 3

Their “official” policy requires a plan of $60 or above to get the Tab medium/plus. However, that policy can fluctuate depending on their pricing strategy. 
As of now, if you would like the $55 while you are having a Tab, then you could do it in selfserve. 

Thanks. 

I was second guessing moving from the $65 50gb to the $55 50gb plan.   Both the same except for the price.  Without a firm policy it doesn’t make much sense to pay $10/month more for the same thing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it allows you to switch, then you're good to go. We'd have to see what the price points and tab options become on following black Fridays

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh be careful with that change. Did you have a $20/month credit with the $65 plan?

Userlevel 3

If it allows you to switch, then you're good to go. We'd have to see what the price points and tab options become on following black Fridays

already made the switch! Thanks for the info. 

and yeah, hopefully these deals this year will be repeated and even improved in the future. 

Userlevel 3

Oh be careful with that change. Did you have a $20/month credit with the $65 plan?

No, I don’t currently. I had a $10 credit but assume it’s gone because I changed plans to get more data st the same price. So this price drop actually brings me back to what I was paying WITH the credit :) 

Our other line is only paying $45 due to a $10 credit, but that line sees less data usage so I’ll probably leave it on the 20gb plan to maintain the credit. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Edited: just saw your response 

Userlevel 3

Edited: just saw your response 

Thanks for the info!